ONLINE GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL PORTAL
ANTI RAGGING – INFORMATION
ALL INDIA COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION – New Delhi – NOTIFICATIONDated 01-07-2009Sub:Prevention and prohibition of Ragging in technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education.
F.No.37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 – In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 23 read with Section 10 (b), (g), (p) and (q) of AICTE Act, 1987, the All India Council for Technical Education, hereby makes the following Regulations:-
1. Short title and commencementThese Regulations may be called the All India Council for Technical Education (Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education) Regulations 2009, They shall come into force on the date of the notification.
In view of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and in Civil Appeal number 887 of 2009, dated 08-05-2009 to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in all higher education institutions in the country, and thereby, to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically, of all students, the All India Council for Technical Education,(AICTE) brings forth these Regulations.3. Download documents
Anti-ragging affidavit download here (Sign it and return to college)
Anti-Ragging Information from AICTE (Student and Parent should keep a copy of it)4. Website
5. Policy documents
INSURANCE FOR STUDENTS – PERSONAL ACCIDENT
- Death / PTD compensation benefit for the student upto Rs.1 Lakh
- Accident Hospitalization treatment provision for the student – upto Rs.25,000/-
- OP day treatment for fractures and dislocations by an accident for the student, covered upto Rs 5000/-
- Group Personal Accident Tailor Made Policy Schedule